Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Transformational Tuesday!


Today has been the opposite of my art deprived Monday! It has been very productive; I had some quiet time to work in my healing doll journal, and above you can see a (very) quick sketch of my guardian doll, some notes I've made and some felt sheets. I started to create my doll by making a couple of felt sheets for her cloak. I just love making felt! I realized today it's because it is such a transformative process, from soft, fluffy fibres to a beautiful soft fabric in minutes, just by using hot water, soap and your hands! Because the process is so hands on and the wool so tactile, you become really lost in the moment, it's really very meditative.

I received a lovely comment on my post from Sunday evening, and Jacquie (who left the comment) added to the same quote I used from Nelson Mandela. Just in case you don't get time to read it, I will repeat the quote here, because it is definitely worth sharing:

"Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you".

Thank you Jacquie for the quote, it is much appreciated!

Also, I had to laugh this morning when I thought about how sad I felt the day before, as I was wondering if anybody apart from my mum and dad read this blog. As you can see, I was feeling very sorry for myself! Then I had the comment on my blog, and it was like a little knock on my head telling me to stop being silly and carry on writing, because the people are out there and reading!

No comments: