Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dreaming of green


The only arty thing I've done today is to continue sewing my hexagon flowers - thought I'd scan it from the actual product rather than take a photo, and it's turned out all right.

Last night I had a really weird dream that I was involved in a community event and my job was to help with the cupcake making group with icing all the little cakes. I was just about to start making my masterpieces when somebody came up to me and started telling me how to do it. I remember thinking to myself "I can't believe they're telling me how to ice cakes!" It must mean something mustn't it? If nothing more than I don't take kindly to being bossed about, or perhaps that I think I know best! Perhaps it simply means I shouldn't have eaten those cheese twisties before I went to bed.

Yesterday I looked at a couple of blogs that a friend had recommended to me and they were really very good, so I'm posting the links to them here. One is called Attic 42 and features beautiful and colourful crochet, and the other is a blog by a crafter with a wicked sense of humour. Check them out. One of them showed the British countryside, and I realized when I saw the pictures that I really miss the lush green. Perhaps I will have to do some green art to soothe my soul!

No comments: