Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Commitment and creativity

End of the week, and I seem to be getting myself busier but no more time to do the jobs in! Nearly disappeared off to bed without posting, but I am very committed to my goal of blogging every day until the end of December, want to prove I can stick at something! One of my friends said the other day that she admires me because I say I'm going to do something, and then I do it. Which is really funny, because my perception is just opposite!

Anyway, here is a quote I found which I would like to share, it's actually from a book called 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron, she uses the quotes in the margins to inspire! It's funny because I haven't picked the book up for ages but felt drawn to it tonight for some reason, maybe it's time to read it?

"Why should we all use our creative power ...? Because there is nothing that makes people so generous, joyful, lively, bold and compassionate, so indifferent to fighting and the accumulation of objects and money." -Brenda Ueland (Quite a good one just before Christmas when we all get caught in the consmerist Christmas trap!!)

No comments: