Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

5 Minute Challenge


This is the result of a little challenge I set myself earlier. I was panicking about having nothing to write about - I usually spend time throughout the day at least thinking about what I would like to write about, or noticing something that is going on around me that I can describe. However, I've been rushing around today as it's the last day of the school term and completely forgot to observe! Then I hit on the idea of trying to draw something in my art journal in as short a time as possible that I could post on this blog. I was so pleased with the result I've decided to add another 'label' to the blog on '5 minute challenges' - should exercise the old creativity muscles!

Technical details - I just drew the outline with pencil and went over the top with a fineliner when I was happy with it. The dress bodice/heart was coloured in using Derwent Metallic pencils, which come in a great range of colours and are lovely and soft to use.

The inspiration for this one came from my Moon Diary for 2009 which I picked up yesterday. It's full of lovely line drawings and I thought I could do my own for the festive season, and this angel just popped into my head. I like the idea of the 5 minute challenge because it will focus me on my creativity, and I'll have the guideline of 'no thinking', I'll put on the page whatever comes into my head and we'll see what is produced. I'm quite excited by the concept. It will also help me to reflect on the day and see what inspired me.

No comments: