Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Splice skirt - my favourite!

I think I'm on day 10?


This is my first item of the second week of me-made-May, and it's one of my favourites - the splice skirt, a pattern by Jody Pearl.  (Should not have just gone to the site to check the link worked, I simply had to buy some of the 'In the Museum' fabric, it's gorgeous!)   It's a fabulous skirt, seems to be flattering on whomever wears it and it's so good to make, it's simpler than it looks, yet it's challenging too. I absolutely love this pattern!!!


And this version is my favourite at the moment out of the 4 I've made.  The first layer is from some vintage fabric I bought on Made-it, the second is some lace from my stash, and the top layer was some fabric I bought on ebay years ago.  It all came together rather nicely don't you think?



I definitely need to make some more splice skirts ...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Very clever! It looks so complicated.