Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Me-Made-May 2014 - Anna dress

It's now day 25 of my countdown/blogging challenge. 

Anna reflected in our new doors!
Today is also the start of week 4 of my me-made-May challenge.  I wore my first Anna dress to work today.  It reminded me of one of the joys of dressmaking - getting a garment fitted to your own body shape.  I usually have to do an FBA, but use a smaller pattern piece for the hips.  Also I don't have much of a waist so I like dresses to make me look like I have one - and this one does that.  Even one of my work mates said it highlighted my waist nicely!  And another work mate asked me to make one for her :)  A hit all round I think.  So, if you haven't already, check out the Anna dress pattern from By Hand London.  It' so beautiful to sew and there are plenty of tips on the blog as to how to perform various pattern alterations to get a great fit.


And yes, the fact that I want more Anna dresses in my wardrobe has become apparent in this challenge and will be put on my list.


I have some lovely microfibre fabric in a dark green that I bought to make trousers; it turns out it's too thin for pants, but I think it would make a fabulous long length Anna for winter work days :)

Here are more pics of me eing twirly in my Anna.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That dress really suits you Lara.