Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Out and About ...The Birthplace of Wanneroo

Day 4 ...


Whilst I was out on the road today for work, I spied this awesome little building by the roadside and decided to stretch my legs and to take a few quick photos. 



This is one of the first subdivisions of the suburb of Wanneroo - way back in 1838!  A little place called Perry's Paddock.  It was first inhabited by the Indigenous people of the area, who were moved on by European settlement to other areas in Perth :(  The park bears the name today of the leader of the Mooro people - Yellagonga.

I'm not sure what vintage the tractor bits are!
I'm intrigued by the lives people lead in the early days of settlement.  I find it hard to settle now with all the mod cons, imagine what it was like back in the 1800's, when you'd travel out to a country so far away from home, and that would be it - no visits back home every 3 years!  I like to touch the walls of such buildings, just in case I can pick up any vibes of past occupants ... strange I know ... but it's amazing what energies you can pick up from houses ... and your imagination!


And just look at that gorgeous blue sky ... and the sun!  This is supposed to be our autumn leading into winter.  At least the temperatures are more manageable 20+ degrees, so I'm a much nicer person to be around!

1 comment:

Sally said...

You were right near my place... That's one of my morning walk stomping grounds!!! It is beautiful.