Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What an arty family!


This is a ship that we all made yesterday - one of the children loves pirates and 'Pirates of the Caribbean', so we decided as it was holidays we would have a crafty day and make our own ship! What a way to keep children busy - this masterpiece took about 4 hours to complete. We used a removal box and cut out a hole, which was then recycled and used to create a shield - you can see it in the corner of the picture. An old broom handle was used as a mast, then elder son got technical and made cannons from an old postal tube and set them into holes in the side. Elder daughter painted the ship with some help from our youngest. Then she decorated the inside of the ship with stamps and more paint. You probably can't see, but although is it a distinctly black, boyish ship, it does actually have some embellishing done with gold glitter at the ends of the cannons and on the top of the ship! You always need a bit of bling!

It's been one of those hot days today, when it's too hot to move, so we haven't done much at all. When I did get moving, I went outside and think I re-broke my little toe it hurt so much, and made crunchy sounds when I tried to move it with my fingers. It's now taped to its big brother toe for support and I'm hobbling around the house, much to the amusement of the others who live here.

No comments: