Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Calming quotes

Just a quick post tonight - I've spent the day trying to cultivate calm, my creativity is having a rest day! I dipped into 'The Artist's Way again and found a couple of quotes to match the meanderings of my inner journey at the moment, and hope that you will find them inspiring too.

As you may have read before, I've said that my creativity and my spirituality are inextricably entwined, so I found this rather beautiful and affirming:

"We must accept that this creative pulse within us is God's creative pulse itself." - Joseph Chilton Pearce

And this one resonates with me after spending a couple of frenetic hours in a busy shopping centre this morning, which is one of my least favourite activities:

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor

OK, off to read a relaxing book, and hopefully will be in fine form after the weekend!

No comments: