Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Musings on a hot country ...


This picture is a bit dark because I didn't use a flash, but I had to post it because just look at those shadows! Tomatoes in a pot, and tomatoes in silhouette - I love it! Anyway ... tomatoes may not be your idea of excitement, but in a country where everything is dry and shrivelled it warrants celebration when you have a harvest. And these are all just from today, and yes, I am excited about it! The doll in the centre was made by my daughter, and is the summer spirit doll. Isn't she lovely?

I've read with sadness that the death toll is rising for the bushfires. I feel so powerless to help over here in WA. I think it's affected me so deeply because it could so easily be us, as well as all the devastation it has caused to the communities. There have been pictures released of some of the families who have died, and it becomes even more real to those of us who weren't there. It's at times at these that I ask myself why is life not fair, I guess we'll never understand it. Still sending prayers of strength to all the people over there, victims, survivors and the emergency services but it all seems such a small thing to do. Just thinking over it all ...

No comments: