Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nearing completion ...



If you remember a while ago I posted a 'doll' body made entirely of cardboard cutouts! Here's the head for the doll, so I am nearing completion of my project. I made the head out of an amazing modelling material called 'efa plast light' by a German company called Eberhard Faber. It's light as a feather, so I think it would be possible to make big heads and they wouldn't weigh the doll down. It's fairly easy to work with, you can mix it with water to smooth it out and it hardens in the air. It's painted with acrylic paints - I've purposefully painted the mouth with iridescent gold highlights because I want the words to come out of my mouth to be good ones! This doll is about the intended result of my healing journey with the medicine dolls, i.e. for me to find my voice, speak it with conviction and believe in it. I'll write a fuller explanation of the whole process when I've finished the doll.

I had another great day with my art therapist friend Linda - we have been planning the creativity course that I will be running from her studio. Neither of us were inspired with a name for one of the introductory activities, so I've asked for a week to think it over and hopefully I'll be able to come up with something. All I've come up with so far is "Hatch a new hobby this Easter ..." I did say we were both lacking in inspiration! Maybe I should sit down with my art journal and do some doodles, you never know what might come up ...

No comments: