Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blogtoberfest Day 5 - counting my blessings ...

I've left it a bit late again, but at least it's still day 5.  I was wondering what to write about today as my plans to do the 'Walk the Zig-Zag' were scuppered by the terrible weather.  Rain, rain and more rain accompanied by serious squalls!  As I was getting ready for bed I thought I could list 3 things that I am grateful for today.  And here they are:

I am grateful that our chooks run is 80% done now.  At least they have somewhere to roam whilst I get the back fence made (I am going to be so skilled in fence-making by the time this is all completed!)  I don't want any repeat of yesterday's chickens versus dog/motorbike fiasco...

I am grateful that I sat with number 1 son and watched 'Silver Lining's Playbook' - it's such a good story, and we were able to discuss the differences between book and film together as we've both read the novel.

I am grateful that my hubby cooked dinner (and made 3 huge pot-fulls of stew so we can eat it again in the week!) whilst I looked after our menagerie of animals.

It's made me feel blessed all over again looking at the good things that have happened.  What are you grateful for today?  Little things count too :)

1 comment:

Turnips 2 Tangerines said...

Dropping by to say "hi"~ Day 5....can we make it to Day 31? I have my fingers crossed:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines