Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blogtoberfest Day 11 and 12 - Cakes, cats and crafts ...

Two posts in one :)



You already know I love the splice skirt pattern by Jody Pearl at Sewing Outside the Lines.  Well, Jody also makes beautiful things and sells them from her blog.  I fell in love with her 'fragment' bags made from upcycled materials, and just had to have one.  I took it shopping yesterday.  It's lovely and 'firm', no flopping about here!  And it's just the right size for my phone and purse and little extras.  Plus it's one of a kind, and very beautifully made.  There are still some left if you'd like to take a look.  (Oh, and just try to resist that Kaffe Fassett ribbon!)

We were photo bombed ...
As for today ... well, I've been lucky enough to meet some awesome artists on the Kalamunda Open Studios tour.  From jewellery, to acrylic painting and pottery - I think I'm finding my painting mojo at long last.  I don't think I've painted for at least years, and as I may have said over the past few days or so, I've really missed painting.  But I need to find some inspiration.  Today was a very good start.


And I've tacked up a few hexagons - I stepped out of the hexagon swap as I've not been able to keep up with making hexies each month for my swap partners, and although I love making hexi items I need to free up some time to start painting again.  So, I'm going to make up a red and purple themed hexagon quilt with the hexies I've been collecting for the past 3 years, plus a few I've made myself.  Then I'll have fun designing a new quilt.

    
And I found time to make a chocolate cake!


Best Sunday ever?

No comments: