Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Happysad!

When I had time to think over yesterday, it wasn't such a bad day after all. I'd woken up and felt homesick, and wondering how I could occupy myself for the day. Funny when you're feeling down, some things happen to make you realize life isn't all that bad! I ended up going to the library for storytime with my youngest and met a mum from playgroup, and another friend I hadn't seen for ages turned up too, so we had a chat whilst the kiddies did their activities. On returning home I got a phone call and invited out for lunch next week. So what I thought would be a lonely old day, turned into one filled with friends!

Not a very arty post today, but I'd remembered a word my children used when they were little to describe how they were feeling, which was 'happysad' and I wanted to share it here. It kind of describes how yesterday turned out, and it's definitely more weighted on the happy side of things!

No comments: