Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Grrr ...

Well, had even more fun with the post last night. I previewed it before publishing properly, then decided to edit, tried to delete some spaces I didn't like and managed to delete my hard won image, and had to go through the whole rigmarole again. Blah .... So tonight it's just words as I don't want to spend 2 hours attached to the PC again.

One of my children managed to get me onto the X-box tonight. I wouldn't have a clue what the game was called, but the console thingy was passed to me and I was told to 'beat' the other person. It was some kind of karate game, and I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but as I got more used to it and defeated 3 manga looking characters in a row it became a bit of thrill to knock out these opponents. So I stopped! I reckon it's all too easy to get addicted to these games and you'll find yourself spending 5 hours in front of it instead of 5 minutes. All good creating time. And is it art? I suppose it is, the characters are well drawn, even if the proportions, especially those of the females, are slightly incorrect, and it certainly attracts your attention. I suppose the argument is open about that one.

Anyway, I don't hate computers THAT much, they are very useful -I'm going to produce a 'portfolio/brochure', just to be able to show people what I do and what I'm about on my arty quest - and I will use the PC to do that. Could be interesting ...

No comments: