Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Me-Made-May 2012! And a scarf pattern!

'ello ...
 I found this interesting project whilst blog hopping way back in April!  It's basically about committing to wear something made or upcycled by yourself for the duration of May.  Now, as I've just got myself a real job (yay!), I've decided to start slowly this year and commit to doing this for at least 4 days in every 7.  I feel it's a good way to see what I have already in my wardrobe, to encourage me to finish those oh-so-nearly finished projects and to see just what level my stash is at, and maybe utilize some of it ;)

So here's my pledge as posted on Zoe's site:

'I, Larissa of Create for Life, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear or carry something made or upcycled by myself for at least 4 days each week (starting slowly!) for the duration of May 2012'


You can sign up too right here!

Trying to look mysteriously moody ... didn't work ... more glum moody!

I've started with my pink fluffy scarf, which I wore around the house because it was colder than it was outside!  My favourite.  It's so soft, even my Little Man wants to wear it (but he can't - it's MINE!)  And very easy to knit, uses less than 100g and you can use any yarn and any size needles - though it's a good idea to experiment and see which effect you like :)

Easy-Peasy Drop Stitch Scarf

Rows 1-4: knit
Row 5: k1, *k next st, winding yarn round needle twice as st is knitted, rep from * to last st, p1
Row 6: p1, *p next st, dropping extra loop made on last row off needle as st is worked, rep from * to last st, p1.

These rows form the pattern - just keep repeating them until the scarf is the length you want.  You can use between 30-40 sts.



No comments: