Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Me-Made-May - week 3!

Week 3 of Me-Made-May 2012 - didn't do so well this week in wearing things made by my true self: I owe 1 garment/accessory so to speak.  Time kind of went into a vacuum, and suddenly it's a week later and I start part-time paid work tomorrow for the first time in nearly 8 years.  I have a feeling it's going to be a shock to the system :)

Crochet scarf and my favourite purple glittery mohair scarf
The crochet scarf was made on a large (about 10 mm) hook - chain about 80 and then work 4-5 rows in treble crochet.  I double crocheted round the edge for a neater look in a plain yarn.

The mohair scarf is lovely simple garter stitch, until I used the ball of yarn up!

But - I did wear a couple of my favourite scarves and a skirt I have featured here before, but which I am also extremely proud of and it deserves a peek at again:


The photo is from my blog archive - I obviously hadn't mastered getting the photo the right way round! 

I drafted the pattern myself.  As I say, very proud.

I will endeavour to do better this week - it's been more of a personal challenge, I haven't worried about contributing to the Flickr group for the event - that would be a whole other world of techno-stress!

No comments: