Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm a little behind with my creations!  Here are some Easter eggs I made from fabric scraps; the healthy option!  Don't ask me how I did it, but one egg is about half an inch bigger than the others, using the same pattern ...  The little chick is from a free crochet pattern from Spotlight.  You're supposed to use polystyrene eggs for the shape, but I couldn't get any so used toy stuffing instead; a bit tricky trying to squidge the stuffing into the right shape and use the crochet hook (I did keep getting tangled up with the fluff) but I got there eventually.  I love the way you can pop the chick into the top and bottom of its very own eggshell.  Cute.  Definitely one to keep for each year.

We've just finished watching a programme called 'Britain from Above'.  It was fascinating to learn that the demand for power is so high after people have watched Eastenders that extra power has to be brought in from France - and it's all because of people boiling kettles to make a cuppa!  Apparently it's the only country in the world where this happens.  So, the rest of the family can't make fun of me for drinking copious amounts of tea anymore - it's in the genes - it's more than that, it's a cultural thing ...

OK - for some reason my picture has rotated without me asking it to and I have no idea why!  It doesn't always happen either - all I know is IT'S REALLY ANNOYING!   Hmph ...

1 comment:

Sally said...

... and there I was thinking your crocheted chick was having a wee little lie down after sipping a cup of tea :)