Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Creative Space - My doll in bits and pieces ...


Face in detail
It might look somewhat macabre seeing pics of my doll in pieces, but this is how she's progressing!  You can see the drawing that's my inspiration here.  I'm really pleased with the face, it's the first time I've sculpted a face using a needle - can you see her tiny nose?  The pattern features a really long neck, but I'm going to shorten mine - it just doesn't look right for my doll.

I've used the book I've mentioned before 'Creative Cloth Doll Collection' by Patti Medaris Culea and mixed up a couple of patterns.  One tip Patti gives is to cut out the larger pieces with pinking shears - that way yo don't have to clip the curves before sewing.  My doll's going to have jointed legs, using big wooden beads.  Another first, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Will post more pics as she progresses - I'm trying to finish her before Christmas.  As well as making several Christmas presents - it'll be interesting to see how it all goes!

See what other people are up to on the creative front ....

4 comments:

littlewoollie said...

Hello! Just found your blog through our creative space and had to say I love your doll ! the face looks beautiful, like she is just about to open her mouth and speak. Great work! Might have to have a go at one of these some day myself. have a great day! :) julie

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I've never seen a doll in progress. :) It's interesting to see how she comes together. :)

Sally said...

WOW - she is coming along really really well. (... but yes it is a bit freaky seeing her there in pieces!)

Lisa said...

oh shes coming together fab! i have ordered this book just waiting on it to arrive.i have lost my crafting mojo at the moment but looking at your doll i can hear my creativness saying i must sew haha.
hugs
*new follower too.
hugs
xo