Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Last day of Blogtober

It's my last post of Blogtoberfest 2011 - and it's been fabulous!  I've found other blogs to follow, yet another project to start (featuring hexagons - yay!) and found my blogging mojo!  Woo-hoo!

It's a funny old time - today is Halloween, a tradition I just don't get, and tomorrow is Melbourne Cup, which I am sorry, I really don't get.  But I suppose the important thing is that everyone has fun, even an old bah humbug grouch like me :)

So in the spirit of strangeness that abounds I thought I'd close my Blogtoberfest with a quote from the ever brilliant Jasper Fforde, from his book 'The Well of Lost Plots', featuring the gorgeous Thursday Next:

"I kicked off my shoes and flopped on the sofa next to Gran, who had fallen asleep over a sock she was knitting.  It was already a good twelve feet long, because, she said, 'she had yet to build up enough courage to turn the heel'."  

I know how she feels!  And if you don't get it, that doesn't matter, it made me chuckle and that's what counts xxx  

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like that quote - made me giggle too!