Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blogtoberfest day 6 - more heavenly hexagons

Continuing my obsession with hexagons ...


Teeny tiny half inch hexies - I'll be sharing what this is going to become as the month progresses, and give you the link to the blogpost that inspired me at the same time.  So watch this space ...  My tiny hexies are surrounding a hexie flower I'm working on for my hexie swap partner.

Then from one extreme to the other - I'm making a knitting bag from the Cath Kidston book "Sew" which calls for slightly bigger hexagons ...

From one extreme to the other.
I'll share progress on this project too ...

Both projects are using vintage fabrics which I've been saving for a couple of years until I found something I wanted to make with them!  I know I do use hexagons a lot in my patchwork and quilting, but they are so very therapeutic - the whole process from cutting fabric hexies, paper templates, tacking fabric to the paper - and that's all before you even sew them together to make the fabric ... it all seems terribly slow, but it's the perfect antidote to a busy life :)

3 comments:

Sally said...

Interesting. Looking forward to see what happens with your hexies :)

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great colorful fabric. Love it!

Lilli boo said...

Beautiful fabrics, look forward to seeing the next stage too...