Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pink and Black Crochet


A Granny a Day - Week 2

What a busy day it's been, getting the children ready for school tomorrow after 6 weeks holiday! It's going to seem very quiet, what on earth am I going to do with myself?

Perhaps I could sit and make more granny squares! I'm quite pleased with the squares shown above - I'd wanted to have 7 each week to share, but with my wrist being so sore I had to slow it down a bit. Plus some of these squares are actually 'illegal' in that my hubby had told me off for crocheting when my wrist hurt so much, so I only crocheted when he wasn't in the room and quickly stuffed it under a cushion when he walked in! My son has renamed my project 'Criminal Crochet' - has a daring, dangerous ring to it doesn't it?! I'm toying with the idea of making a new blog just for the squares so that I can share them and give details of patterns and links to other sites I've found patterns on. Or I might just post the pics on Ravelry which is a brilliant site for anything knitty or crochet. You have to register for an invite to join as there are so many people who want to join, but it's a veritable treasure trove of information, inspiration and ideas and is well worth a look.

I'm hoping to get my new blog banner finished this week so that I can get my new look blog up and running before my 40th birthday, which the counter says is now only 6 days away!

No comments: