Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ooops!

Did you like my first post of 2010? Suppose it was topical and to the point - oops! - I hit the return key by mistake and the post published. When I looked at the blog it looked fine though and I did want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! So now I've done it twice. Can you believe a week has already passed in 2010 and I haven't written!

My first excuse was that I had a bit of an accident on New Year's Eve - I was practicing an avocado stone removing technique I'd seen on the TV, but the chef hadn't had a glass of champagne and wasn't holding the avocado in his palm, brandishing a large knife. The inevitable happened and I stabbed my hand, which was a really stupid thing to do. I have promised my dad I will use a spoon to take out the stones in future. It's amazing that I sobered up very quickly and did a little panicky dance around the kitchen before shoving my poor throbbing hand under the cold tap. I was well looked after by the kids and my husband and the hand has healed well. My youngest summed it up well yesterday when one of our friends was having trouble cutting something and we told her to be careful. He piped up with 'yes, you don't want to do something silly like mum did'. Never a truer word said. It left me with a sore hand and only able to type with one hand and I am not patient enough for that, so a couple of days turned into a week.

But here I am, very contrite after my very avoidable accident and ready to get creative. Already I have a few things to share, but you will have to wait for that! Until then, seeing as it is the New Year (have I mentioned that?) and a time for starting anew, I thought I would find out a quote for inspiration:

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us". Helen Keller

May 2010 be a year of opportunities for you. xx

No comments: