Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections on 2010

Teeny tiny squares that helped me complete the challenge
It’s the end of 2010 and I’ve finished my 365th granny square! Yippee! As of the 4th December I still had 100 squares to crochet to reach my target of 365 squares for the year of the Granny a Day Challenge 2010. A friend suggested I make smaller squares and that’s exactly what I did! It’s a project I’m going to carry on into 2011 and end up making a huge and very colourful afghan of teeny tiny squares. Now, where do I sign up for the 2011 challenge?


2010 has been a year of stepping forward for me:

• My 40th birthday was back in February – feel I’ve become a grown up!

My first completed project for the challenge - a 40th birthday pressie to myself!
• I took part in Blogtoberfest 2010 and grew my readership and also found some other great blogs and made new friends.

• I met a blogging friend for the first time this year, we sat, drank coffee and chatted about craft, family – lots and lots really!

72 more squares for the challenge - still to be sewn into an afghan

• I now have my own Cafepress Shop and Made-it shop finally after pontificating about it for nearly 2 years!  (See sidebar if you want to visit!)

• My blog has nurtured my creativity, I’m constantly getting new ideas some of which I’m hoping will come to fruition in the New Year.

Yummy colours in my crochet cookie jar ...

What will 2011 bring? Stay with me and join me on my creative journey – let’s see where it takes us!!

Happy New Year to you all xxxxx

5 comments:

Sally said...

YAY! You did it! BRAVO!!!
... I don't think I'll be continuing on in 2011... I'm thinking crocheting little animals might be my thing next year :) Still thinking about it.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What a wonderful list of achievements. And 365 granny squares, that's absolutely amazing.

I hope 2011 is a fabulous year full of new adventures and achievements.

humel said...

I'm very impressed by your 365 squares :-) On my list for 2011: learn the next step in crochet!! So far I can only do one long chain!!

Hapy New Year to you xx

Unknown said...

I just recently got hooked on granny squares again, this past week. I LOVE your 40th birthday afghan!...gorgeous colors and stitches.

-- Colleen @ Made by Colleen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a productive year toward your dreams! Blessings to you in this new year ahead!!