Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Scrapbooking with intention!


When I was little one of my favourite activities was to cut pictures out of magazines and catalogues and stick them into scrapbooks. I've refined the technique these days in that the madness definitely has a bit more method! As before I'll choose pictures that interest me, but now I'm choosing consciously because of colours I love, styles of clothes I like, ideas I may want to incorporate in my own designs and artwork. The brilliant thing is I have a ready made excuse/reason for sitting and cutting out pretty pictures in that it is actually helping me to de-clutter my living space as I work through my pile of old magazines and make it smaller. Good plan hey? On the serious side though, my scrapbooks are a good source of inspiration and because they are all pictures I'm attracted to, I'm sure to like them for some time, and I find they're a kind of self-made 'coffee table' picture book that cheer me up on a dull day. They work on a multitude of levels. So there, now you have no reason to feel guilty for sitting down and making a scrapbook of your favourite images (or it could be quotes that inspire you).

Don't know how the picture has managed to turn itself around from the original, but there you go! I'm not going to change it though because I rather like how the glue looks like it's defying gravity ...

1 comment:

Sally said...

SNAP - I do the same thing :)