Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Busselton Sewing Retreat Part 2 - Look what I made ...

I can't quite decide which skirt to wear today ...
I will have to save my favourite splice skirt for the next post - the picture was terrible, but I've decided to stay with the ones I'm posting today just because I can.  Apologies for the picture quality :)  It took me ages to get the poses right, those blasted shoes are heading to the op shop - they look all right in the pics, but my feet felt like they'd been tortured for half an hour. 

Anyhoo, here are my creations ...

I made the 'Change of Heart' skirt for the first time (pattern available just follow the link).  And I love, love, love it, so it won't be the last ...  such a clever idea ...



Also quite chuffed that an old sheet could make such a smart skirt - getting in the mood for recycling ... there's a much better pic of it, and more goings-on at the retreat on Jody's blog.  Go take a look, you know you want to!

Part of the retreat was to shop around the op shops in Busselton to find little treasures we could upcycle, and I found this lovely denim skirt which had been handmade by somebody else.  It had no sizing label but I bought it anyway hoping it would fit, and it did - perfectly :)   I'd also bought a quilt cover for $4 which I decided to make into some kick pleats to add a bit of movement to my skirt.

My skirt before unpicking the 4 seams
Took me ages to get the right pic so I'm sticking with it!

Kick pleat detail - my new machine has some lovely decorative stitches
The quilt cover is lovely and soft after multiple washings, so I'm going to use it to make a sleeveless summer dress - more on that as it happens.

It's amazing what can be found in the old op shop, and even more amazing how much inspiration you can get from sharing time with like-minded people.  Great fun :)


1 comment:

Chris said...

Love the stitching on your skirt, so clever, what new machine do you have Lara?