Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Things that make you go mmmmm ...


Okay, I need to try really hard to get back into the habit of blogging after being away on holiday. It was a nightmare blogging whilst we were away as my laptop decided it needed a holiday too and wouldn't work properly, eating up huge chunks of text (usually when I'd written something terribly witty and so unique it couldn't be recalled) or made the cursor disappear and turn up somewhere else in the body of the text. Consequently I wanted to give the laptop a flight of its own and chuck it out the window, so I stopped blogging!

But now I am back in my snug little office with my PC and have no excuse really for not writing. To make it easier I thought I'd start with a few lovely treats I've had over the past few days.

Gorgeous cupcake and pink spotty pencil - who could resist when it's from a place called 'Speckle Farm' (certainly not me)

The first is a true delight - just look at that beautiful colourful cupcake. Hm, hm. If you haven't tried the cakes at Little Miss Cupcake in Kalamunda then you don't know what you're missing. It's such a hard decision trying to chose the one you want to take away in it's own little noodle box, so that you can ritually unwrap it as you sip your cup of tea. Yum, yum, yum ... And the best thing about this treat is that I was on my own, and I didn't have to share it with anybody. Ha ha! All that sumptuous icing and crunchy red flower to myself. Oh joy! Mmmmm ...

The treats didn't stop there ... on Saturday I spent the morning crafting with my Saturday craft buddy, both of us sitting at the kitchen table making patchwork and sipping tea and chatting. Then to complete the day a friend of ours cooked dinner and we shared it with friends and a good bottle of wine. Mmmmm... Sunday morning brought more creativity when I walked across the road to my very arty friend who has a studio under her house - we sat together at the workbench, each with a cuppa and a slice of clay and made a plant pot and a platter. The clay was rolled out, then we made impressions in the clay with various 'natural' stamps, e.g honky nuts, she-oak seeds, fern leaves and cut out pieces to line a terracotta pot which acted as our mold. I was called over later in the day when the pots had dried a little and could be taken out of the mold and stand under their own weight. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera, but I should be able to take some pictures when they come back from firing later this week. Goody, goody!

My Spotlight hoard - I bought eco-friendly yarn to make a hoodie, 8-ply to make an afghan for our bedroom (it will be a product of the 'granny a day challenge', a light to clip to work I'm doing, some pretty quilting pins and a plastic pot which has a lid with a hole in the top; it's for putting your yarn in so it doesn't get dirty. Fabulous. The dark tubular thing in the background is my wrist support which I've taken to wearing when crocheting.

And just before you think things couldn't get any better, the mmmmmmm factor went into overdrive with a visit to Spotlight, the two vouchers I received for my birthday burning a hole in my pocket. And yes, I spent the whole amount and have a huge mountain of yarn to knit and crochet, and a couple of things I wouldn't normally buy but wanted, to show for it. Bliss, bliss, bliss ...

Back to the real world tomorrow with decorating the house and starting my monthly bookkeeping. But I don't care because I have more than enough 'mmmmmm' to last for a good few weeks yet!

No comments: