Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grapes of warmth ...


I've just checked the weather forecast and for the next week temperatures are going to be in the high 30's/low 40's. Have I ever told you I hate the heat?? :) So I am bracing myself and whispering Eckhart Tolle's maxim 'this too will pass' constantly to myself, hoping that it will give me strength to carry on as I begin to wilt!

When I know I'm going to have a tough time (I really am a wimp in the hot weather) I try to be thankful and find something positive amidst my negativity. In this case it's grapes. Yes, seriously. Just look at them, they are gorgeous and off our own little vine which grows on the back of the house. They are also very precious as there are only 3 bunches this year (the first crop we've had and we've been here 3 years). These are truly the best grapes I've tasted, they are juicy, sweet and taste of the sunshine. Wish I could let you try one ... but as it's not possible, I'll have to eat the lot myself. Though I suppose there'll be a supply of helpers here ...

What is creative about this blogpost? Don't know really, it could be the dodgy title - it's good that I changed 'wrath' to 'warmth' as the hot weather does make me cranky and warmth does imply comfort. Or it could be the fact that my head feels a little less maudlin about the upcoming hotness after associating sun with yummy fruit - that does take a lot of work and creativity to change my thought process! Better keep eating the grapes ...

No comments: