Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My birthday ...


The dress ...


wearing my party dress ...


A beautiful keepsake

I had the most amazing birthday! Helped by some very creative people from a friend who dropped by to do the food (he's a chef too!) and who patiently showed us how to help as well as cooking, to the people who made me beautiful cards and a pinata chocolate cake! It had to be seen and eaten to be truly appreciated, but take it from me, it was gorgeous, yum! And just look at the beautiful card made by my friend Amanda - she is such a talented and creative lady, and very modest - what a lovely keepsake of a fabulous day shared with friends and lots of telephone calls from my family in the UK! I felt very loved! It was a great day in other ways too - I never celebrated my 18th or 21st birthday with a party. I wasn't bothered at the time but have regretted it as I've grown older, so this party was an extra special way to mark a milestone in my life. It also gave me the excuse to do some dressmaking, which I haven't done for quite some time - until I decided to make my party dress that is. I'm quite proud of it - it's made with a soft cotton, which has been in my stash for a few years, using a pattern I bought 10 years ago - you see, I take a bit of time to get around to my projects!

Thanks to everyone who left messages for me, telephoned me, came to my 'do', and for all the lovely gifts - a special day made all the more special by special people. xxxx

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I feel a little bit famous now, being mentioned on your blog!! I didn't realise you had made your lovely party dress - you are very clever! I really enjoyed being part of your birthday celebrations. Glad you had such a lovely day!