Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Busselton Sewing Retreat part 1 - Musings

I've just returned from my first ever retreat - something I've dreamed of doing ever since I was a teenager (so a long time ago ...)   It was actually a sewing retreat, which made it extra special, shared with 7 other lovely ladies, organized by the very talented Jody Pearl.  I will be sharing the garments I made in another post, today is time for musings ...

A retreat by the sea ...
Firstly, I drove all the way to Busselton and back without getting stressed or anxious.  A huge thing for me - having something I really wanted helped with the motivation and overcame the anxiety.

Secondly, I met some lovely, lovely people and shared stories and inspiration.   I felt safe and comfortable in the group, which brought me great joy as, having been to a girls school where I was bullied on a daily basis I've been left with a hangup of feeling vulnerable within a group of women.  I think this weekend cured that discomfort!


An early morning walk with some of the group
Finally, creativity and inspiration were brought to the fore, which always makes me happy and makes me feel whole :)

The weekend was more than sewing ... that's the deep and meaningful stuff I've shared, tomorrow it's the pics of the things I made.  xxx

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds lovely!

Jody Pearl said...

Lovely musings Lara & I'm thrilled you enjoyed yourself - it's always fascinating to get someone elses view on how a REtreat presents itself.

I have showcased you, alongside your new 'Splice Girl Bestie', in your own 'Splice Girl' post....like yourself it's going to take me a few days to share everything that was achieved over the 3days.

Thankyou for being a part of the 3rd REtreat Lara - your beautiful creations & consistently thoughtful, sunny disposition were a pleasure to share daily and an important ingredient in the REtreats success. x