Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

A great day for making chocolate crispies


We have an extra dog for 4 weeks - our lovely friends who looked after dear old Charlie whilst we were in the UK are now having their OE holiday, so we are looking after their dog.  I feel as if I have two extra children!  This morning I caught them running across our backyard, playing tug of war with one of the kids school shirts.  Managed to get to it when it was just rain sodden and dirty rather than in pieces!

Consequently, I felt a great need for chocolate.  So I made these lovely chocolate crispies, from a recipe given to me by my lovely, lovely friend on the Isle of Wight.  As well as heaps of chocolate there's butter and syrup too.  Not helping me remove those extra kilos I put on whilst on holiday, but needs must ...  do you like the lovely 'Cat in the Hat' fabric used for background?  If you eat too many of these crispies I reckon you'd get hyper just like the Cat ... well, we do already have the Thing 1 and Thing 2 characters running around the back yard ...

No comments: