Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013 ...


Can you believe it's that time already, time to say goodbye to one year in readiness for the next.  What will it bring?  More adventure and challenge I'm sure :)

It's been a busy few weeks this last part of the year.  We've hardly stopped, having to move my husband's business from one premises to the new has taken up much of our time - fitting in children and school in between busy times!  And Christmas is always so rushed - why is that? I'm sure it's a matter of choice when it comes down to it, I wonder if I can make it any better, any less rushed for Christmas 2014.  Watch this space!

Reflected light dancing on the table top makes me happy too ...
There have been a few highlights to 2013, visiting South Australia for the first time and seeing the Barossa Valley - where all our favourite wines come from; watching my two eldest children growing up and gaining independence; seeing Little Man flourish at school and becoming a Lego building force to be reckoned with; being a part of a weekly craft get together with two other talented friends; getting down and dirty in my first mud obstacle run; not to mention my first ever triathlon which has sparked a desire to run more in 2014.

Happy 18th birthday ice cream cake and sparklers ...
Mostly I'm happy that my family are still thriving and are quite content to be around mum and dad for a while yet.  Having got my eldest 2 to the ripe old age of 18, that's a milestone to be proud of too.  I'm happy too to be spending New Year with my favourite people, sitting outside with my hubby whilst typing this and musing about what 2014 will bring for our family.  Not a bad way to end the year hey?

Thanks for all your support and following of my blog, which has been a bit up and down this year, but I'm planning to change that for the year ahead.  I wish you all a fabulous New Year!!!  All the very best for 2014 xxx

No comments: