Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

No to tower!


Sorry for the erratic nature of my posts lately - I've been feeling rather discombobulated for the past couple of weeks.  Some of the topics I was going to blog about were actually an excuse for a whinge and weren't particularly positive - I don't want to be a negative blogger, so took the stance that it would be better not to blog at all if all I could do was moan.


Well, I'm feeling a lot better now, and one of the reasons is due to the Council's Planning Committee meeting held last night, when they recommended against approval for planning consent for the Optus mobile phone tower.  The entire council voted unanimously against the proposal!  We still have a way to go, but the first hurdle is over.  There were a few unthoughtful comments by some people for the tower, somebody even accusing our little activist group of being in a 'frenzy' and not seeing the 'wood for the trees'; but when I woke up with my little boy beside me who'd come in to our room for a hug, I knew we'd done the right thing.  All this protesting and lobbying the council has been for the good of my child and all the children at the school. I can take a few insults for a cause like that.

No comments: