Much excitement! I have finally finished my first Anna dress, and I love it! It's so simple, yet so pretty and it's relatively easy to make up.
My dress is made from some Indian sari fabric I had in my stash. As I didn't have quite enough fabric to make the dress entirely spotty, I used the 'blouse' section which is found at the end of the sari for the back bodice. I'm really impressed with myself that I managed to match up the stripes on the back, which with hand printed fabric is no easy task!
I really learned a lot about pattern alteration using this pattern - I had to do a full bust adjustment, which of course impacted on the waistline, but it was worth all the extra time to make a dress that fits perfectly to my idiosyncracies - it is just so comfy! I'm intending to write a post explaining how I did my fba and other little
But I was excited to share my photos first ...
... and I've cut out 2 more dresses ... and nearly finished one already ... I love this pattern!